Powerhouse Planning, a company In Gear Career has worked with many times in the past, is managing the pre-screening of candidates for the following position:
Company: Gromelski & Associates
Location: Manassas, VA
We are looking for an experienced web services developer to join our mission of providing a better user experience by advocating and following best practices among our team. We are seeking a qualified candidate to design, develop, configure, and implement web services using a variety of technologies.
Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software. Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- 2-5 years of general web services/architecture experience
- 1+ years of experience with HTML/CSS
- 1+ years of experience with Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- 1+ years of experience with WSDL (Web Services Description Language)
- Experience with Java
- Applied knowledge of code design theory and best practices
- Attention to detail, compliance with defined processes, and the ability to function as a part of a larger effort are crucial.
- Deadline driven and focused on contract deliverables, accepts demanding tasking while remaining flexible in order to work in an environment of changing priorities and direction.
- Works well with a diverse and dynamic team in a high energy environment of subject matter experts, and systems engineers.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
- Task driven and proactive self-starter who can work on their own with very little oversight.
- Secret clearance (Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance).
Desired skills include:
- Experience with the following: Ozone Web Framework (OWF), Apache Maven, SOAP, RDBS/SQL, Apache Struts, Ruby on Rails, Tomcat and Jetty
- Problem resolution skills
- Strong communication skills
Job Location: Manassas, VA. Occasional travel will be required, including travel aboard ships and submarines to provide system troubleshooting or evaluation support.
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week.
Start Date: Negotiable
Are you a Military Spouse interested in applying?