Job Opportunity – Performance Manager
Chief Financial Officers Council, U.S. General Services Administration
The Chief Financial Officers (CFO) Council is a government-wide organization of the CFOs and Deputy CFOs of the largest Federal agencies, senior officials of the Office of Management and Budget and the Department of the Treasury, who work collaboratively to improve financial management in the U.S. Government. The CFO Council Performance Manager position provides project management, analytical support and logistical coordination for the CFO Council. In conjunction with the Office of Federal Financial Management (OFFM) at OMB, this position is essential for helping the CFO Council to set strategic priorities, conduct analysis on critical issues – including Federal spending transparency, real property, financial shared services, improper payments, grants management, internal controls, financial reporting, debt collection, and workforce development – and provide the CFO Council with the capacity to achieve tangible outcomes that improve financial management across the Federal government.
The CFO Council Performance Manager will work with OFFM and other CFO Council staff to effectively support the Council, including managing meetings, events, projects, budget, staff and contractors; establishing communication and collaboration systems, and implementation of Federal policies and initiatives. The position will conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of issues and policies to understand their impact on federal agencies. The role will also involve frequent written and oral communication with senior officials across federal government on substantive and logistical issues, requiring strong presentation/communication skills and an acute attention to detail. The Performance Manager will also act as a resource for CFOs and their staff, gathering feedback and identifying best practices in Federal financial management, overseeing CFO Council operations, and related topics.
Skills and Experience Required
- At least three to five years of experience with – and knowledge of – financial management issues, such as internal controls, financial reporting, risk management, financial shared services, budgeting, debt collection and real property. Experience with Federal financial management issues is preferred but not required.
- Advanced experience in program management and performance improvement.
- Ability to coordinate diverse teams to accomplish a common objective.
- Superior judgment and demonstrated ability to achieve consensus among parties who often have differences, competing interests, and constraints.
- Broad understanding of management, budget, regulatory, and other processes inside large, complex organizations, governmental or otherwise.
- Demonstrated superior analytical ability and progressively responsible and effective experience in identifying and resolving difficult problems. Superior skills and ability to apply these techniques and resources to analysis of assigned areas.
- Demonstrated flexibility and versatility in responding rapidly to varying, often time-pressured, assignments. Ability to move rapidly and confidently into complicated issues.
- Demonstrated ability to understand new areas quickly and thoroughly, to develop methods of approaching difficult challenges and to reason logically from the facts available.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the highest levels of an organization and across multiple stakeholders.
- Superior skill in synthesizing voluminous materials, and in clearly presenting ideas, conclusions, and recommendations, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, conduct and facilitate effective meetings of senior officials through collaborative exchange and clear value delivery.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is creative, analytical, detail-oriented, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has an interest in financial management issues. The position is a two-year term appointment, renewable for an additional two years based on performance. The position’s salary will be at the GS-13 or GS-14 level. The candidate must be a US citizen.
Are you a Military Spouse interested in applying?
If you’re interested in more information and an direct introduction to someone in the organization, please email us.